Our Skilled Surgeons
We have assembled a team of experienced, skilled, sought-after surgeons to provide you with exceptional care.
Click on any surgeon’s photo to read their biography or to make an appointment with them.
Christopher J. Calcagni, D.P.M.
As a former high school and college athlete, board-certified surgeon Christopher J. Calcagni, D.P.M., is passionate about sports medicine as it pertains to foot and ankle health. He was a standout football player in Ohio and he went on to play for Oklahoma State University from 1999 to 2002.
After graduating from Oklahoma State, he returned to Ohio and graduated from Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine in 2006. Dr. Calcagni completed his residency training in 2009 at Western Reserve Care Systems, where he served as chief resident for one of the top three-year foot and ankle residency programs in Ohio. He has since been providing foot and ankle care to athletes of all ages.
Specializing in minimally invasive foot and ankle surgery, Dr. Calcagni has taken courses from the AO Institute, Wright Medical, and Arthrex. He also has special interests in wound care and diabetic limb salvage, with advanced training in hyperbaric medicine. In addition, Dr. Calcagni has a strong personal and professional interest in nutrition and often advises his patients how to incorporate healthy eating and supplements into their lives.
Request an appointment with Dr. Calcagni
For more information on Dr. Calcagni’s private practice, visit www.coastalfootcare.com.
Education and Training
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma – Bachelor of Science, Education
- Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine, Independence, Ohio – Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Western Reserve Care Systems, Youngstown, Ohio – Foot & Ankle Residency
- American Board of Lower Extremity Surgery, Diplomate
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Florida Podiatric Medical Association